Félicien Kabuga (MICT-13-38) - Resources
Félicien Kabuga was the President of the Comité provisoire of the Fonds de défense nationale (“National Defence Fund”) from about 25 April 1994 to July 1994 and President of the Comité d’Initiative of Radio Television Libre des Milles Collines (“RTLM”) during the time of the crimes pleaded in the indictment.
CASE BACKGROUND INFORMATION
Félicien Kabuga is charged with genocide, complicity in genocide, direct and public incitement to commit genocide, attempt to commit genocide, conspiracy to commit genocide and persecution and extermination as crimes against humanity, committed in Rwanda in 1994. Read more...
According to the indictment, Kabuga, together with a number of other persons, is alleged to have operated the radio station RTLM in a manner to further ethnic hatred between the Hutu and persons identified as Tutsi and to disseminate an anti-Tutsi message with the goal to commit the aforementioned crimes. Kabuga is further alleged to have instructed, assisted and prompted members of the Interahamwe who participated in the killing and harming of persons identified as Tutsi in Kigali, Kibuye, and Gisenyi préfectures.
FILINGS AND OTHER RESOURCES
- Order Scheduling an Initial Appearance
- Decision on Urgent Motion for in-person visits between Félicien Kabuga and his Defence Counsel
- Preliminary Order regarding Medical Examination of Félicien Kabuga
- Order designating a Pre-Trial Judge
- Decision on Félicien Kabuga’s Motion to Amend the Arrest Warrant and Order for Transfer
- Order Assigning a Single Judge
- Order Assigning a Trial Chamber
- Decision on prosecutor's request to amend the arrest warrant and order for transfer
- Warrant of arrest and order for transfer addressed to all states
TRIAL CHAMBER COMPOSITION
Judge Iain Bonomy
Judge Graciela Susana Gatti Santana
Judge Elizabeth Ibanda-Nahamya