Date of birth: 5 Jan 1972, Çarşamba-Samsun/Turkey
- 1989–1993: University of Ankara, Faculty of Law; Ankara, Turkey (LL.B. 1993)
- 1994–1996: University of Ankara, Faculty of Law; Ankara, Turkey (LL.M. 1996)
- 1996–1997: University of Sheffield, Faculty of Law; Sheffield, UK (LL.M. 1997)
- 1997–2000: University of Bristol, Faculty of Law; Bristol, UK (Ph.D. 2000)
Fluent in English and Turkish
- 2000–2004: Assistant Professor, Black Sea Technical University, Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences Department of International Relations, Trabzon, Turkey
- 2005–2010: Associate Professor and Head o f Department of International Law, Blacksea Technical University, Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences Department of International Relations, Trabzon, Turkey
- 2007–2009: Associate Professor (part-time), Kadir Has University, Faculty of Law, Istanbul, Turkey
- 2010–2011: Professor and Head of Department of International Law, Black Sea Technical University, Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences Department of International Relations, Trabzon, Turkey
- 2011 to date: Professor, Maltepe Universit y, Faculty of Law, Istanbul, Turkey
- 2011 to date: Head of Department of International Law/Public Law, Maltepe University, Faculty of Law, Istanbul, Turkey
- 2012 to date: Dean of the Faculty of Law, Maltepe University, Istanbul, Turkey
- 2016–2022: Member of the Permanent Court of Arbitration
- 2015 to date: Ad Hoc Judge of the European Court of Human Rights
- 2009–2013: Member of the European Society of International Law
- 2007–2010: Member of the International Law Association
Awarded by the Turkish Academy of Sciences as one of the Honourable Youngest Scientists of 2007
1. Aksar, Y., Implementing International Humanitarian Law: From the Ad Hoc Tribunals to a Permanent International Criminal Court, London/New York,
2. Aksar, Y. (ed.). (2011) Implementing International Economic Law Through Dispute Settlement Mechanisms, Leiden, Boston, Holland/USA (Ağustos 2011).
3. Uluslararası Ceza Mahkemesi ve Uluslararası Ceza Usul Hukuku, ( International Criminal Court and Rules of Procedure and Evidence of International Criminal Law ),
Ankara: Seçkin Yayınevi, (2003).
4. Aksar, Y. Evrensel Yargı Kuruluşları, (International Judicial Institutions: Permanent Court of Arbitration, International Court of Justice, The International
Tribunal for the Law of the Sea and the International Criminal Court ), Ankara: Seçkin Yayınevi, (2007).
5. Aksar, Y. Teoride ve Uygulamada Uluslararası Hukuk I, ( International Law in Theory and Practice- I), 4th edition, Ankara: Seçkin Yayınları,2017.
6. Aksar, Y. Uluslararası Hukuk II, (International Law in Theory and Practice- II), 4th edition, Ankara: Seçkin Yayınları, 2017.
7. Aksar, Y. Temel Metinler ve Davalarla Uluslararası Hukuk, ( Cases and Materials on International Law), Ankara: Seçkin Yayınları, 2017.
1. Aksar, Y., “The Concept of Individual Criminal Responsibility in International Humanitarian Law and Arab-Israeli Conflict in 2002,” The Review of International Affairs, 2/2, 91–114 (2002).
2. Aksar, Y., “The “Victimized Group” Concept in the Genocide Convention and the Development of International Humanitarian Law through the Practice of the Ad Hoc Tribunals,” Journal of Genocide Research, 5/2, 211–224 (2003).
3. Aksar, Y. The UN Security Council and the Enforcement of Individual Criminal Responsibility: The Darfur Case. African Journal of International and Comparative Law, 14/1, 104–119 (2006).
4. Aksar, Y. The Specific Intent (Dolus Specialis) Requirement of the Crime of Genocide: Confluence or Conflict between the Practice of Ad Hoc Tribunals and the ICJ, Uluslararası İlişkiler, Vol. 6, No 23, (Fall 2009), 113–126 (2009).
5. Aksar, Y. The Iraqi Special Tribunal: Nuremberg of the Twenty-First Century? Turkish Review of Middle East Studies, 16, 7–33 (2005).
6. Aksar, Y. The Concept of Command Responsibility? Superior or “Objective” Responsibility” in International Humanitarian Law: The Practice of the ICTY and the ICTR and Their Possible Impact on the ICC, Turkish Review of Balkan Studies, 17, 5–26 (2006).
7. Aksar, Y. Bir Uluslararası Suç Kategorisi Olarak Uluslararası Ceza Hukuku ve Türk Hukukunda İnsanlığa Karşı İşlenen Suçlar, Uluslararası Suçlar ve Tarih, 2, 135–150 (2006).
8. Aksar, Y. The Case of Thomas Lubanga Dyilo: The Implementation of a Fair and Public Trial at the Investigation Stage of International Criminal Court Proceedings, Ankara Bar Review, 2/2, 81–91 (2009).
9. Aksar, Y. “The European Court of Human Rights and the Cyprus Problem”, Ankara Üniversitesi Hukuk Fakültesi Dergisi, 50/3, 141–174 (2001).
10. Aksar, Y. “Birleşmiş Milletler Palmer (Mavi Marmara) Raporu ve Uluslararası Hukuk”, Uluslararası İlişkiler, V. 9, No. 33, (Spring 2012), 23–40 (2012).
11. Aksar, Y. “Uluslararası Bir Suç Kategorisi Olarak Soykırım Suçu ve Diğer Uluslararası Suçlardan Farklı Yönleri”, Maltepe Üniversitesi Hukuk Fakültesi Dergisi, Sayı 2014/2, 13–29 (2015).